- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful people.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is able to live a godly life.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit where the gifts of the Holy Spirit are in operation to bring healing, encouragement, and transformation to the community.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost - the saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal separation from God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the ministry to widows, orphans, broken, oppressed, the poor and the alienated.
- We believe that marriage is a covenant relationship ordained by God. Genesis 2 teaches us that God established the marriage covenant between Adam and Eve, man and woman. Genesis 2:24 “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” We affirm the Westminster Confession of Faith which states “Marriage is a union between one man and one woman, designed of God to last so long as they both shall live.” We believe that homosexuality is a sin according to Scripture and do not support the ordination of homosexual clergy nor homosexual marriage. We do not believe homosexuality is a sin that is different from any other sin. We believe that we are all sinners and that through Christ we receive salvation and healing. We believe that the church is called to proclaim the transforming power of Christ to one another with compassion and humility.
University Presbyterian Church embraces the Lausanne Covenant